Thursday, May 19, 2011

Idaho

Since this is a blog about my trip around the world, I suppose I need to begin with my hometown of Blackfoot, Idaho, which was my first official stop.  Blackfoot is a farming community and this time of year is an especially nice time to visit.  The fields are bright green with winter wheat, flowers are in bloom, the mountains are still snow capped and Canadian geese seem to be everywhere.



With so much snow this year, the Snake River was also running high which created some dramatic waterfalls in Idaho Falls. 



It's a part of the country that more people should try to explore.  But for me, the biggest attraction will always remain my family and extended family and friends.  Good food and quirky conversations are abundant, so every visit is a worthwhile vacation on its own.

Not to be missed is the new Burger King restaurant which opened near the Walmart.  I believe the grand opening was last Friday and there were still long lines when we made our way in on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment